Doctor of Management
The Doctor of Business Administration is a research based program. The program blends taught interdisciplinary content and research seminars with assessed scholarly and professional development activities. The program culminates in an applied research project focused on a real problem facing today’s business leaders and managers.
Over the course of the program, students develop the capacity to work independently and more in depth, moving from prescribed content in the first year of the program, to supervised scholarly activities in the second year, to independent, applied research focused on their areas of interest in the third year. Students may choose their own specialized field of study within business.
DBA or Ph.D. in Business Administration?
CMU’s Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) differs from a Ph.D. in Business Administration by focusing more on practical application than on broader theory. Ph.D. programs focus more closely on researching new models or gathering and interpreting data.
DBA programs, like the graduate-level Master of Business Administration (MBA), are focused on how business principles apply to higher levels of business leadership and management. If you want to develop your ability to approach larger business problems from a top-down, expert level, then the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) is for you.
- Business Management
- Research Methods
- Dissertation Proposal
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You can start anytime. This is a distance learning self – study program which allows you to set the pace of your study within the duration set for IABP members ONLY
- Applicant is an IABP Associate Member in good standing
- Possess a two-year Diploma in any field
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in middle management level position
- Not a member yet? Click here to join
- Education Certificates
- Latest CV / Résumé
- Passport Copy
- Passport Size Photo (jpg. format)
- Two (2) Reference Letters (past or current employer(s) or not a family member)
Yes. A combination of video lessons, reading and reference materials for each module are provided in your online learning portal which can be access anytime. Students can also access online library (Perlego) available throughout the study duration to search additional reference materials.
Each module is assessed by an assignment of minimum 2500 – 3500 words
The dissertation word count must be minimum 25,000 to 40,000 words
Why assignment – based assessment?
- It provides opportunity for students to learn, practice and demonstrate they have achieved the learning goals.
- The assignment can focus on a product as output (e.g. research report, design, prototype, etc.) and/or a process (e.g. research process, group process) and/or the performance of individual skills or competences (e.g. professional skills, communications skills).
- Used to test higher cognitive abilities and the application of specific skills or knowledge. It can mirror the future professional practice. It can be used to assess the integration of knowledge, skills and attitudes (competences).
You can get a printed copy together with the transcript and we can send them to your address. Please make sure your contact details are correct when submitting the request. Courier charges are based on your location and to be borne by the student.
The assignment marking and grading process will take at least 4 weeks from your submission date. The result will be notified to you personally via email